Friday, August 17, 2007

art dvds>>> ron english & henri cartier bresson

watched:

POPaganda: The Art & Crimes of Ron English


have seen before & still love it.
he makes me laugh & causes me to think.
will most likely watch again in the future.

as it applies to me & this program???

>>>>insight into what makes me tick/tickles my brain :)

---


Henri Cartier-Bresson: The Impassioned Eye


have seen this before as well. i found i paid more attention to his drawings this time. think his mastery of drawing & art exposure was a huge influence on his photos.
like his view of photography as a means of taking in life. that the photographer has nothing to do in the creation & is a fortunate observer. i have always felt this when taking pictures >>> lucky to be there in that moment. taking the picture (regardless of success) takes me back to the moment. i am storing my "happy thoughts." sometimes i am just documenting light,shadow, color or shape relationships (reference material)for paintings or digital manipulation later. i do more of this when i have a set project/agenda.

relationship to me/this program???
not sure.
what if i were to limit this series to b&w??? try to retain the aesthetics of b&w photography in a digital-paint-photo composition(s)??? things to ponder while experimenting in the studio & during related reading.

what historical reference would carry over to my image using b&w & is this something i would actively choose?

No comments: