Friday, November 2, 2007

aib academic adviser meeting for october

deborah davidson phoned wed eve to discuss my last paper,this blog, & offered names of artist to look at.

writing:
this was really helpful to me as i have been a little confused on writing styles/agendas & whither or not i was "on the same page." i feel more comfortable with it now & less stress on the paper due in 2 weeks.

blog: has been a great tool for my academic agenda. it forces me to write/document what i am seeing/learning/doing which gives me clarity. it also gives my adviser & mentor insight into my mindset, agenda, imagery that they are more able to give productive feedback. for example, after reading my last paper & upon seeing some of my digital tree stuff posted on the image link deborah was able to give me names of a few artists to research (early modrian landscapes/trees & corot >use of light/surface quality).

No comments: