Thursday, August 30, 2007

studio update

digital art:

finished creating webpages for the various digital experiments i have been making & have them linked here (see "links").

paintings:

still plugging away & when i get my digital camera back will capture & post as well. have been painting landscapes & trying on other people's styles. not sure how they will figure into the big picture yet.

may start using my yosemite photos as my painting subjects >>> have thousands to choose from. most are not of the landmarks one thinks of.

so far i am leaning toward going with some of the digital stuff mixed in with digital pics of my paintings. yet still want to try some more new combinations out first

while i have fulfilled this residency's goal of merging my paintings with my digital work, i am not content. at the same time to paint on a digital printout which is my next step seems pretty lame. in my mind i think of those thomas kincaid minions that add little highlights or details to his prints.

think i would have to do more than accent a digital image with paint & think i need to define in myself what the paint means conceptually when added to a digital image. sort of feels like a reclamation of sorts???

still have not given up on the lenticular.
may not do the transparency with backlight thingy mentioned before, but may do one that uses my tree images & then paint one to add to the mix. will start painting that same tree anyway so that i have the option should things work out.

No comments: